- Master Teacher, Physical Education grades PreK-8th
- Teacher of the Year, Austin, TX (1995)
- State Teacher of the Year Nominee, Texas Association for Health Physical Education, Recreation & Dance Teacher of the Year (1988, 2000)
- President's Distinguished Service Award, National Association for Sport & Physical Education (2005)
- Master CATCH Trainer (Coordinated Approach To Child Health) Physical Education, Early Childhood, CATCH Kids Club, & Coordinated School Health Implementation
- Experience! Over 250 featured keynotes, workshops, inservice trainings, staff development and presentations nation-wide including the Rebuplican Governor's Association, The Texas Governors Council on Childhood Obesity, and the Wisconsin Best Practices Institute.
- Versatile! Can customize a workshop and seminar for any audience (physical education teachers, early childhood agencies, classroom teachers, recreation youth leaders, community health care initiatives, and summer camp facilities).
- Dynamic! Guarantees innovative content, high energy fun, pragmatic instructional strategies, "real-world" application.
CATCH (Coordinated Approach To Child Health)
Early Childhood, K-2 & 3-5 Activity Boxes, CATCH Kids Club
SPARK (Sport, Physical Activity, & Recreation for Kids)
SPARKFamily.org Web Content, & 3rd-6th Physical Education Curriculum
MEND (Mind, Exercise, Nutrition, Do-it!)
Move It! MEND Physical Activity Manual
...that childhood obesity and physical inactivity will be, if not already, our nation's greatest social crisis. The statistics are alarming.
Over time, we have slowly engineered play and physical activity out of children's lives. Kids simply do not play as they used to. The sandlot is now the parking lot. They can't wean the screen. They don't think it's neat to move their feet.
We have a collective responsibility as parents, mentors, educators, and community leaders to attend to the very vital process of re-engineering opportunities for meaningful physical activity back into the lives of our young people.
If not now, then when?
If not us, then who?
Helping You Help Kids!
Workshops • Presentations • Consulting • Curriculum Design • Staff Development